Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Step up octaver for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by psi, Jun 14, 2005.

1. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Anyone know of a pedal that will boost your signal 1 octave higher? It's important for it to track ALL notes. Actually, a pedal that could drop or boost 1 octave would be really nice. ANy tips?

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i think the OC-2 can do both octave up and down, and from what i have read i think it tracks ok as well.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It can't. Does't track very well either.
    try this instead :
    [​IMG]

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    sorry. i had an me-50b and that did up/down octaves and i thought that was based on the OC-2? apologies.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Digitech Whammy pedal will do this

6. ingo62

ingo62

Mar 15, 2005
    Emden, Germany
    hi,
    I'm using a Akai "Unibass" for this.
    Octave up and fifth over this Octave or fourth below this octave. Distortion (very nice.)
    I can do guitar "powerchords" when our guitarists plays a solo :D
    Out of production, but sometimes you can find one on ebay.

Greetz
    Ingo

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just to add to the others listed - the E.H. Pog does octaves up and down also. I recently got a Unibass in a trade and it's a very fun pedal.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What would you guys say is better, the whammy or the super shifter?

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    fwiw, u can do some pretty cool stuff with a whammy pedal. for instance...anything by tom morello

10. thunder-pick

thunder-pick

Jun 9, 2005
    The Boss PS-5 Super Shifter does up or down 2 octaves. It also does harmonies and tracks pretty well. The akai unibass is a great pedal if you can find one.

11. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    The Digitech Whammy- I use one and it's great.

1 or 2 octaves up or down. 2nd 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th or octave harmonies also. It can travel from one increment to another with the use of the pedal, midsong (ex: you can go from a 4th to a 5th). It also has a divebomb effect, two detunes and a drop tuning. If you have to change from one feature to another, it is relatively simple- just a twist of the knob.

Tracking? I do 2 handed chordal tapoing and have had no problems.

New, they can be had for a $199.00. Got mine new for $172. Used, about $130 if you are patient, otherwise $150-$160.

The original WH-1 goes for about $500, so don't confuse the two. (the foot pedal is a bit difgferent looking). Don't get a blue Bass Whammy- while I hear mixed reviews about them (mostly bad, but I have no experience with these so that is hear say), I don't think they warrant the extra $100- $200.

Ted

[​IMG]