1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steps to take when changing rosin?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by bherman, May 12, 2011.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Semi-newbie question here...just starting back to bass after long absence, just bought a new bow and used Pops rosin. I don't like the characteristics of it (seems too gummy to me, and want to try a different type. I can easliy remove the rosin from the strings.

My question is, do I need to remove the rosin from the bow before switching to another variety? If so, how can I do that without harming the hair?

Thanks to all for suggestions

2. No.

3. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Nope, just get some kolsteins or careltons or whaetger you're switching to and play on out. If you over rosin with pops, it can stick forever. If this happens an it really bothers you, just get an old toothbrush and bruch the hair with the dry toothbrush. :)

4. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Ok thanks guys. Kolsteins on it's way, will switch out and put the Pops in the drawer