Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stereo Channel without AUX

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by P20Records, Mar 19, 2014.

1. P20Records

P20Records

Mar 19, 2014
    Hy there!

I have just got an Allen & Heath ZED 14 Analog mixer.

My setup is:

A Microphone in Channel one, Main Outputs to a Scarlet Focusrite 2i4 USB Sound card, the sound card is connected to PC of course, and from the soundcard headphones comes back the signal to a stereo channel, so i can send the instrumental back to the mixer, and I can use the mixer’s headphones for hearing the instrumental and the singer in the same time.

But! If I use the AUX at the stereo channel, to not to record, then I don’t hear the singer’s voice, just If I send the microphones signal to AUX as well.

My question is, Can I resolve that, to hear the microphones signal without sending it to AUX, and still have the stereo channel on the mixer?
    Because If I hit the “AUX 1″ button under the phones potmeter, I don’t hear the other channels, just if I send them to AUX as well.

I don’t want to buy an amplifier for the Scarlet, and using the scarlet’ headphones, I really want to use the mixer’s headphone outputs.

PS.: Sorry for my english grammer, I’m from Hungary.