Stereo DI/preamp questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jay_t, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I could really use some advise fellas!

I have a custom bass on it's way with 2 1/4" outs (1 electric, 1 piezo) and I want to be able to run the electric pups through my effects chain and run the piezo seperate. My problem is that I have a hartke HA5000 which only has a single channel. Is there a DI box or preamp I can run 2 1/4' jacks into and have a stereo blend coming out to the amp head? Would it be better to just run the piezo to a DI and straight to a mixer and run the amp like normal? This is for live shows.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    On your output, do you basically want to blend both pups into a single signal, correct?

Anyways, you are basically dealing with a two bass blending problem, and thus in thus instances the Radial Tone Bone Bassbone is a good option.

This has many other usefull options for a player on it, including tuner out, effects loop, eq and a DI to run your signal to the front.

3. Thanks for the advice! Does that tonebone allow for both signals to run at the same time? It looks like you need to switch back and forth between inputs. I was looking into the radial JDI duplex. I want both signals to run at the same time so I can run the piezo as the main bass signal and use a volume pedal to blend in effects without stepping on the bass sound.