Stereo Memory Man power supply question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Feb 14, 2006.

1. hello all!

I was just wondering if it was possible to change the regular SMM power supply (which is a power cord coming from the box) to a power supply input, similar to boss, ibanez, digitech, or any other stomp box!

see, the MM has a plug, rather than the standard power supply input!
  2. If it is what I think it is (a plug going from the mains power outlet directly to the effect unit with no box of electronics inbetween) then it's not easy to retro fit a "boss" style power socket but there's a chance that it can be done.

However, it would depend on one major thing - that is whether the power supply required is bipolar or not. "Boss" style plugs are not suitable for connecting up bipolar power supplies and "normal" wall wart supplies are almost invariable NOT bipolar.

Basically, you'll either need to be an electronics geek with time on your hands, or you'll need the schematic and a fair bit of help from an electronics geek!
  3. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    Short answer: no. That needs 110v AC, not 9vDC that Boss pedals use. Long answer: if the amprage is there you could do a DC/AC converter.
  4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    How does that thing sound?
    I've heard that the units with the hard-wired power cord are often noisy.
  5. it sounds good...its not noisy as far as i can hear, it has that really nice warm analog echo, but i want a delay with longer delays, like the DD6 or echo park or something, and i am trying to get an outright trade, but the cord has a short somewhere inside, which causes the signal to occasionally short out, and i was thinking that i could fix it, but then the though occured to me that i would like to just have a power supply input, and i just wanted to see if it were possible to do that, but it looks like cougar207 told me what i was expecting to hear