stereo or mono or both

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    is theie any way i can break up the signal (stereo) of my fender jazz and hook it up to two amps but some how still have teh mono if i need it????
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Probably the best and most common means to accomplish your end is to run the bass mono through effects to get stereo effect.

Manufactured stereo basses (ala Ric/Carvin/whoever) are wired so that using only the mono jack you get (suprise) mono output, using both jacks (suprise) stereo output.

However to do as you're asking you should be able to simply mount an onboard cut-off switch between the mono and stereo jack connections. You may have to cut volume during switching or install caps to avoid a hell of pop. Seems whether you used a single amp ran stereo or two seperate amps you're going to end up with a signifcant volume drop that you may or may not be able to compensate for with a stomp box.

You could rig up a switch box to direct a stereo output signal from the bass to the desired path. Whether you can buy a ready made box to accomplish that I don't know. To my knowledge, you would still need two amps cause you can't set an amp to run mono and stereo at the same time although there may be amps that you can switch from mono to stereo with the flip of one switch.