1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stereo Outputs (dual mono)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dpduder, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Dpduder

Dpduder

Mar 27, 2007
    Gorham, ME
    Ok, im familiar with rics, ands such with dual mono output that send each pickup to one rig or the other. what im not familiar with is how to set one up.

How would i go about wiring when using a J-Retro Delux to split the signal to two output jacks?

also, has anyone done this themselves and found the j-retro not suited to the task?

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I'd ask John East about this as he'd know.

My hunch (as an EE) is that it might not be possible, easily, depending on the way the circuit buffers the pickups.

3. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    y-splitter cable? or even an ab-y box?

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    A start would be an output jack like Fishman's Switch Jack. It's a swithing jack that accommodates a negative battery contact and a TRS/dual pickup in stereo or mono connection. However, I cannot think of a way for the preamp to be used by both pickups in stereo mode. You would need a separate preamp for each pickup. Can anyone double check my thought on this?

5. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    true, though as a9x said, john would be the one to ask. if you have two separate inputs/tone filters, al la the east/acguitars pre, there could be a way. i'd shoot john a pm.