Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stereo pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SullyB, Nov 22, 2005.

1. SullyB

SullyB

Nov 22, 2005
    Hello all,

Is there a pedal, or piece of outboard gear, that allows some one to send a mono signal into it from a bass or guitar, "split" said signal into two signals ala stereo, and then finally send these signals to two seperate amps? I think that I have seen something like this, or read about something like this. Anyone heard of anything like this? Please let me know if you have.

Thanks,

SullyB

2. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I believe your looking for something like an A/B/Y box...Morley makes one, and there are a few other brands too.

3. SullyB

SullyB

Nov 22, 2005
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. I read a review of the Morley ABY pedal, Jonesy, and the user stated that you can't run the two amps simultaneously. I was hoping to do somehting along the lines of what Doug Pinnick does with his 12-strings. You know, high-end to a guitar amp, low-end to a bass head.

Keep rockin' :bassist: ,

Will S.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh, you want to split high and low end.
    You're looking for this then :
    [​IMG]

5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cool! ..Now wait: is that made to take an instrument-level signal?

Joe

6. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    The reviewer must have had a bad one, because I used a morley all the time. I split into an eden WT330 and kept it clean, and then ran a trace SM7eq (to take some of the bass out) into a Marshall JCM600 head with a touch of chorus in the effects loop.

7. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I also run both channels of my A/B at the same time, you definately can run a mono signal into the A/B and out to 2 separate amps/line/etc.

But as Jazz Ad said, if you're looking to separate the mono signal into high end and low end, just use a crossover.

8. A DOD Bass30 also can biamp and it can be had for pretty cheap...there are a few on TB for sale...

9. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    A stereo chorus can also be used to send the signal to two amps.

10. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I send a mono signal to my rackmount stereo efffects unit and voila...two signals out.

11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

And man, does it sound good !