Stereo Pwr Amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Jun 8, 2002.

1. okay, say we have a poweramp and you can run it stereo... could you run two cabs like that........

0 prw amp outs 0
    / \
    cab cab

any takers?
  2. Sure you could daisy chain the like that off one side. But why? Most poweramps have a parallel mode where you can use one input and use both side for an output. So either way I guess. Or I guess you'd get more power out of one side if you daisy chained them (such as two 8 ohm cabs chained = 4 ohms power), so like ......... yea.

3. my little picture didn't turn out like it was supposed to..... could you run a cab off each out put?
  4. If the amp has two outputs, I guess you can connect two cabs.
  5. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    My amp does not have a parallel switch. How do you daisy chain? Plug one banana-plug into the back of the other?
  6. well i dont use banana plugs, but you can do it, perhaps someone else can tell you the correct polarity. For 1/4 inch, you just plug one cab into the next.

Another option for you is to be a "y" cable from your preamp, which will then split the signal from the pre-amp into both sides of the poweramp. Then run one cab off each output.

7. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    My 210 doesn't have 2 1/4" jacks, so I can't do it that way. I tried running the 210 full range and my 15 as a sub, but I wasn't too impressed with it that way. My Acme's low end is pretty hard to beat! Bi-amping just aint the same.