Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stereo Pwr Amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Jun 8, 2002.

1. okay, say we have a poweramp and you can run it stereo... could you run two cabs like that........

0 prw amp outs 0
    / \
    cab cab

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    any takers?

2. Sure you could daisy chain the like that off one side. But why? Most poweramps have a parallel mode where you can use one input and use both side for an output. So either way I guess. Or I guess you'd get more power out of one side if you daisy chained them (such as two 8 ohm cabs chained = 4 ohms power), so like ......... yea.

greg

3. my little picture didn't turn out like it was supposed to..... could you run a cab off each out put?

4. If the amp has two outputs, I guess you can connect two cabs.

5. oh yes

6. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    My amp does not have a parallel switch. How do you daisy chain? Plug one banana-plug into the back of the other?

7. well i dont use banana plugs, but you can do it, perhaps someone else can tell you the correct polarity. For 1/4 inch, you just plug one cab into the next.

Another option for you is to be a "y" cable from your preamp, which will then split the signal from the pre-amp into both sides of the poweramp. Then run one cab off each output.

Greg

8. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    My 210 doesn't have 2 1/4" jacks, so I can't do it that way. I tried running the 210 full range and my 15 as a sub, but I wasn't too impressed with it that way. My Acme's low end is pretty hard to beat! Bi-amping just aint the same.