Stereo reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassenstien, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I am looking at revebs and I want stereo out. I have watched demos of the Line 6 and it seems like it would fit the bill, but I still would like to know what else is out there EBS, etc...

2. boss rv3

3. Hey Bassenstien. The Lush Puppy from Kilpatrick Audio looks promising. I have not heard this pedal for bass (the clips are only guitar). It does have stereo outs. I sent an e-mail to them asking about the pedal. Here is their response.

Thanks for your email. I have personally heard the Lush Puppy with bass, and it sounded pretty awesome! A bit of reverb and the slap-back echo of the Lush Puppy adds a lot of meat to the sound.

With all my designs I try not to limit the response so that they will work well for other instruments. Even vocals and keyboards will likely sound great through my pedals too.

Cheers,

Andrew

I've thought about getting one to try out. If I do, I'll post clips and a review. Here's the website - www.kilpatrickaudio.com.

4. I own the Digitech 'Hardwire' RV-7 Stereo reverb pedal. It has Lexicon verbs and true bypass. Great quality pedal (No issues so far). As a live sound tech for the past 20 years (or so) I have always preferred the sound of Lexicon reverbs.

5. HelloJerk

HelloJerk

Dec 28, 2008
    La Jolla, CA
    I just tried one of these at my local indie guitar shop. Now, I want one.

6. dfraser

dfraser

Sep 1, 2009
    I've been using a Lush Puppy with my bass for months now. The pedal adds nice texture and power to the sound. The "Big" reverb sound comes through clearly without any muddiness. Build quality of the pedal is excellent as well, I'm sure it will last me a long time... the jacks and switches feel solid.

I've got a passive J 4-string Yamaha into a Univox tube amp, with an ampeg 2x10 cab. This reverb fills out the sound perfectly.

7. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    My guitarist/brother uses that and I have messed with it for a while. Fantastic pedal.

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    The Alesis NanoVerb.

I've had mine for about 12 years with no problems. It sounds good. It's easy to use for live playing (knobs, not menus).

I can plug my MIJ Fender VI (tuned E - e) into it (1M ohm input impedance) and get a direct box-ish sound (good s/n ratio, big dynamic range, and no apparent loss of bottom) dry with mono or stereo output.

There's plenty of reverbs, choruses, delays, and combinations thereof.

My favourite is Plate #3, a bass-shy, bright plate reverb, which when used subtly, won't muck up the bottom, and will give sharp pick attacks and pops a metallic sheen.

It's also good for other uses (stereo inputs) and, according to its manual, it'll even drive a power amp.

Please do not be put off by the NanoVerb's low price. This unit has been in production largely unchanged (except for different coloured knob caps) for at least 12 years.

There's a reason for this...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021