1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Sterling by Music Man Ray34CA, Epiphone Casady

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzercountry, May 22, 2019.

1. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Price:
    550-650
    Strings:
    Selling a big chunk of my basses on Reverb, wanted to make a posting here for those who aren't on there as much. Feel free to contact me whichever way works best for you!

011CFFF5-E22B-42DE-B498-A756ABCE6C92.

Sterling by Music Man Stingray Nordstrand Sadowsky Ray34CA Inca Silver Pre Ernie Ball Decal

This started its life as a vintage white Ray34CA, then I upgraded the pickup to a Nordstrand MM 4.2 and had the hardware aged slightly. Later I swapped the preamp for a Sadowsky, and then added the VTC to that. I had it refinished in Inca Silver, and he replaced the decal with a cool Pre EB one I found, as well as adding body contours. Got this pickguard from Chandler, and a Zero mod thumbrest also. All in all, this is a monster Stingray for not a lot of money. Includes EBMM case. 550 plus shipping.

0FCDB0E5-A70E-4342-8773-DA05CCCD9EFF.

Epiphone Artist Series Jack Casady Signature Semi-Hollow Bass Blue Metal Flake

Check out the Marty Bell flake on this one!! It started out as a black MIK Casady, and when I had it refinished I went with satin for the back of the neck. The usual Hipshot upgrades (Supertone and USA Ultralites) are always great in these. Please note that the E string tuner is not completely straight, it’s not very noticeable except from the back if you are looking for it. The Ultralites are great, but this seems to be a hazard of having just one mounting screw. Includes OHSC. 650 plus shipping.

This Fenderbird is pretty unique. It’s a Fender Roger Waters Precision neck, and I had the brass nut replaced with corian by a great Vegas luthier. The body was replaced with a mahogany one from Guitar Mill, they did the finish as well. Hipshot B bridge and HB2/BT2 with lollipops. Thunderbucker ranch pickups and a cool Decoboom pickguard. I also added one of his neck plates with a design that reminded me of the Thunderbird pickguard emblem. Wiring is like a stacked knob jazz. The top knobs are custom from Dcline design. Includes HSC. There is a chip on the headstock from a previous owner. Also, the marks on the face of the headstock are pretty unique. I don’t know if it’s a form of birdseye, but it looks like it to me. Very cool. SOLD 700 plus shipping.

This is a surprisingly lightweight 55-01 (8.8 lbs) with some cool upgrades. First of all, I switched to all black hardware (to include USA Ultralites instead of the licensed ones). Then I had this pickguard made by Decoboom, and it mounts with double sided tape. I also took it to Nordstrand to have DC5 (parallel model) pickups and their 3B-5A preamp installed. The mini toggles are front/both/rear coil selectors for each pickup. Includes a hardshell case. Currently strung with Thomastik Infeld Superalloys. SOLD 1000 plus shipping.

This 4003 is a player! Hipshot aluminum bridge and HB7 tuners. Nordstrand Nordenbacker in the neck and Classic Amplification button top in the bridge position. Zero mod thumb rest, killer Decoboom pickguard! Strung with LaBella low tension flexible flats. Neck is very comfortable to me, doesn’t feel like the log that was my previous 4003. Has a custom corian nut that was made and installed by one of the top luthiers in Vegas. Includes OHSC and the truss rod driver with the thin walls. SOLD 1550 plus shipping.

I’ve had this limited edition (150 made) Hofner Ignition for a long time now, here’s the story on what’s been done. I rewired it to vol/vol/tone, and the switch is between two different cap values. Pickguardian made the new control plate and pickguard for me. Curtis Novak rewound the stock pickups as well to be more like vintage Hofners. I replaced the tuners with Grovers. There are some places on the sides where the finish is a little hazy, but I believe it should be able to be buffed out. Includes a hardshell case (handle has been repaired with bolts instead of rivets on one side). SOLD 400 plus shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM
    Nocturnal, KeithPas, zbigniew and 3 others like this.
  2. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Not a Lakland fan but the way you did that one makes me think...maybe I am ;-) GLWTS.
    Rock on.

KeithPas, Relsom and jazzercountry like this.
  3. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    I’m digging the Fenderbird. Are they the 63 or 66 Ranch pups?

jazzercountry likes this.
  4. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks man! Yeah, I am really happy with the way this one turned out.

bass40hz likes this.
  5. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks! They are the 66 set.

jebmd likes this.
  6. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    just dropped the prices

7. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Same here, I have always thought that a pickguard should be standard on the 55-01; without it they look a little bland in my opinion. That pickguard is particularly cool looking.
    BTW: Grew up in Sussex county

bass40hz likes this.
  8. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Lakland 55-01 and Rickenbacker 4003 are sold

9. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV