SOLD Sterling by Musicman SUB Ray4 w/upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by twc1313, Nov 12, 2016.

1. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a Sterling by Musicman SUB Ray4, the more recent budget model Stringray bass made by Musicman. This bass provides the fat tone and punch of a Stingray, without breaking the bank!

I have gigged this bass for two years and have zero complaints about it. The reason I am selling it is that I have upgraded to an EBMM Stingray Classic, mainly because this bass lead me to realize the magic of the Stingray.

This bass has a few nice upgrades that make it superior to the SUB Ray4 you would buy at the store. Upgrades include:

1. A Guitarfetish Alnico humbucking pickup
    2. A volume knob replacement and rewiring (to allow for even volume levels throughout the turn and to prevent clipping, basically it fixes the major issue with these basses)
    3. Fret filing so there are no rough ends

Shipping is free to the continental US

$250

Attached Files:

Mediocrity Man likes this.
  2. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    These are great for the money especially with an upgrade. I replaced the stock pup in mine with a Seymour Duncan and it really shines.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021