Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sterling here in 6 days WHOO HOO!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Aug 29, 2001.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm FINALLY ordering my Sterling.

I'm sure everyone's heard me talk about it. Well, I order it Thursday, when my mom gets paid. They're shipping the same day. (I'm getting it from basscentral.com)

I can hardly wait to get it. It's white, with a black pickgaurd, matching headstock option, and maple neck.

They promised it'd be here within 5 days.

I've been waiting too long, I can't wait to plug her in. Better yet, I can't wait to hear how she works in the mix.

IMO, the neck on a sterling's what most bassists goto bed and dream about... It's such a good feeling being so sure of a bass. I've been checking basses out since a couple months before spring, and I've been positive about the Sterling for the entire summer.

The anticipation's too much... I think if something were to happen and I'd have to wait a week, I'd explode.

:) :) :) :) :)

2. 5stringer

5stringer

Aug 29, 2001
    That's great - but what is a Sterling and how old are you ?;)

3. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Haha, Whoa, CrawlingEye, I talked to your mom this saturday :) Thats sort of trippy, I really hope you enjoy the bass man, the bass you're getting looks killer and happy 16th birthday :)
    Infact, I had my 16th Birthday on Tuesday. I got a pandora's box..man those things kick ass.

-Neal from Bass Central

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

What's a Sterling? The thing that's better than a 'ray. :)

I'll be 16, as Neal said...

And to Neal, thanks.
    Did they change the pickgaurd for me yet?
    That's the only thing bothering me...
    I'm not sure if my mom remembered to mention
    that I want the pickgaurd changed to a black one.

And congrats on the Pandora box.

I was curious if you guys sell strap locks and straps too? I don't have any extra straps... I'm guessing you do? I couldn't find any on your site, so... I figure it'd be just as easy to ask on here... Do you have any white straps? Thanks.

5. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Yea, the pickguard is changed for you. Infact, its specifically written on the invoice, "Change from Pearloid to Black".

Yes, we sell straplocks. We sell dunlops and schaller, depending on your preference. And yes, we do sell straps..not sure if we have any white ones though. give us a ring at 1800-545-8813.

Again, happy b-day man!
    -Neal

6. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Congrats on the bass :) I badly want a Sterling, with a blue body and matching headstock and tourtoise shell pickguard.

It is all about saving enough money. :(

7. Nice deal man. The white looks really good too. It sounds like a pretty original bass. (Rather than black with white PG.)

8. Sweet. You're absolutely gonna love your sterling. I have one of the old ones with the string mutes and I love it to death. So much versatility and it plays like buttah.

9. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

Yeah... I have a black bass, and they get dirty way too easily. I don't even know why I have it... It's just a Dano Longhorn though.

The Sterling'll be the 4th bass I have. (I'd say my 4th bass, but I've owned like 20 already, hah)

In the inlay card to "Operation Ivy - Energy"
    He uses a white bass, ever since I've wanted a white bass, just because I realized how incredible they look. Then I was thinking of a pickgaurd, and I think that black on it would be incredible looking. I'll try to get some pictures up, when I get her... or if they have pictures already taken at bass cenetral? maybe Neal could help? Whichever.

and belair, I know I'm gonna love it already. It's weird, because I hate 'rays. I think 'rays are too "in your face", so I didn't even want to pick a Sterling up, but when I did... I instantly fell in love.

I think they have different EQ's possibly? Considering the EQ on the Sterling has the coil tap (I believe that's what it is).

10. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I don't think there have been any pictures taken of your Bass, Eye. Its been sitting pretty in its case since April or so :)

11. Hey Crawling Eye, congrats in advance. I played 3 Musicman basses on Monday, and now I'm sold. I'm going to get one, but, I don't know how soon. I think it'll be a fiver. Their sound is amazing.

Now, let me get this straight - Your mother is buying you a Sterling for your birthday? What a super, unbelievable mom you have! Cherish her.

Good luck with the bass,
    Mike J.

12. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I'm actually getting it instead of a car... :)

If I played 5's, I'd probably get the Stingray 5. I think they'd be more appropriatly called a Sterling 5. Considering they're more like a 5 string version of a Sterling then a 5 string version of a Stingray. :)

I think I might get one more bass after this one... Then can it for a while. I'm thinking the Fender Zone bass, or getting a MIM Fender P-bass and putting a preamp in it... I think I might go with the Zone... Either way, that won't be for a while.

My mom ordered the Sterling this morning, they said it'll be here by Thuesday. I was kinda hoping I might get it by Saturday (i have band practice saturday). But I suppose I can wait 'til next week's band practice. :)

13. Make sure you post some pics when it arrives.

14. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'll be sure to. I think I'm going to take some pictures at next week's band practice.

My digital camera's messed up, so I think I'll just use one of those disposable camera's and have them put the pictures onto a disc. :)

15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Neal, or Gard, I was curious if you have the UPS order # thing, so I can goto the UPS site and see how far along it is.

I think I'm too anxious... hehe.

Thanks.