1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sterling Ray34 - nearly new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blakelock, Apr 28, 2010.

1. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    SOLD

Howdy folks,

I’ve got natural Ray34 for y’all. This music man stingray clone is in perfect condition. I bought it new ~4 months ago and been playing it with my jazz ensemble. but I recently found a beautiful EBMM I couldn’t pass up (my first TB forum purchase and first positive feedback!:bassist:). So now I have too many basses (and so many more to GAS for!). The Sterling Ray34 is assembled in Indonesia but has fantastic reviews across the board (search the forum here). I’ve done a side-by-side comparison with my EBMM and here’s my opinion.
    - The Ray34 sounds fantastic. It sounds very similar to the EBMM and has great punch.
    - It looks fracking beautiful (I love the natural).
    - It plays pretty good but not quite as buttery as the EBMM. The action is ~medium/low right now but I’ve never had it professionally set up.
    - The Ray34 might be a touch heavier. It’s a beefy 10 lbs.

go to a local GuitarCenter and try one out...then buy mine. :)
    Link to official specs

Asking [DEL]$500[/DEL] SOLD shipped CONUS and includes gigbag or would consider trade for:
    - 5-string Mexican Deluxe Fender Jazz (i love the white ;))
    - ray35 + a bit of $$ from me

CIMG2190.

CIMG2192.

2. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    couple more pics.

CIMG2184.

CIMG2188.

3. would u trade for a fender american jp90,a digetech bass harmony machine rack effect pedal?

4. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    appreciate the offer but i'm looking to get a 5ver.

5. that's......really ironic that there are two ray34's for sale, both almost brand new, on here cause their owners somehow ended up getting an actual MM stingray and didn't need the ray anymore. maybe i'll see a unicorn soon...

6. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    so you noticed that...well, here's my situation. I recently got back into playing after ~15years. i decided to get this imported version of the EBMM cuz it's ~cheap and got great reviews. it worked fine but i caught the bug of playing again :hyper:and started getting more serious (regular playing with church group, jam sessions on weekends, etc). so, i stepped it up a bit. i'm older now and can afford the real deal so i got an EBMM from another TBer. now i get to sell the import.

here's the point. if you want a music man but only have $500, buy a ray34. if you've got $900-1000, by a stingray. or better yet, go to a local guitarcenter and play both and decide.
    :D

7. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    sold