1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sterling Ray34 Silverburst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbowhit7, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    I was trying to find some more info on my SBMM Ray34 the other day - particularly why I couldn't seem to find any other silverburst models - and I came across a blog that said the silverburst model was a 2010 limited edition, and that only 500 were made. Does anybody on here know more about this bass, or where I could get more info?

8BF128AC-E62D-44A0-AA60-0F4FF93747AE.

Here's the link to that blog I mentioned: Rex and the Bass: Sterling by MusicMan RAY34 Silverburst Bass

2. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Yup, only 500 made. What other info are you looking for? I had one of these last year. Good bass!

3. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    You can trust Rex to have the right info. If he doesn't, I'll smack him. Good dude, Rex is.

4. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    I was mainly curious as to why I couldn't find many others for sale with the same finish as mine. Outside of that I was really just digging. Thanks for the help! I've had that bass for about two years, and I had no idea it was so rare. Based on the prices Rex listed, I got mine for a steal ($400). Makes me that much happier that I own it - love how it sounds and plays.

5. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2016
    I own one of these. Was my first real bass (besides a really cheap Ibanez that must have had 15mm string spacing). Beautiful looking. Action is a tad high, and the qualified tech said he couldn’t get it any lower. I haven’t looked at it now that I know how to do setups.

The pickup is really tinny. I replaced mine with a Nordstrand, and now the bass can run with any Stingray out there. Unfortunately it doesn’t get any love from me currently, behind a Carvin, Lakland Skyline, and G&L Tribute. I didn’t think I’d ever sell it. Now I know it’s 1/500, I definitely won’t.

6. OMG..that is beautiful.....:woot:drooldrooldrooldrool

7. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Yeah, I absolutely LOVE the silver burst finish. :D

8. I traded a motorcyle jacket/helmet that I was not using and a bit of cash for this last week.... passive but ohhh my love the growl...
    HPIM4912.JPG HPIM4911.JPG HPIM4912.JPG

9. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    That looks nice! The pickguard looks pretty cool.