1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sterling SUB 4 Thumb Rest from Zero-Mod

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Straps and Accessories' started by groucho, Jan 7, 2016.

1. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Looking for a test pilot for the prototype rest.
    If you think you got what it takes to take this baby up send me a PM :)

Here's how I do it - I send the prototype to you, and collect a $20 deposit
    through PayPal. When I get the unit back I fully refund the deposit
    and I pay all shipping both ways. You take some pics for me and give me a review.
    You get a CNC made version at dealer cost when I have them run off for your trouble.

Your bass - Check the distance between the 1st and 2nd pickguard screws (counting
    the one just above the last fret as "1" and the 2nd to the right of it as "2"
    screw center to screw center - should be 60mm

SUB SR4.jpg

2. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    OK ! Got our 2nd test pilot - All you SUB 4 owners check back for the release of the finished product!

3. Steve Tester

Steve Tester

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi, good luck with the testing. If you end up with a production run on a rest for EBMM Sterling I'll buy one.
    Cheers.

4. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Thanks Steve!
    We will get one on the line within the next month or so - FB from testing has been helpful and people seem to want one.:bassist:

Steve Tester likes this.
  5. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Proto test has gone well - Will tender the design to my machinist this month!

6. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Interesting turn of events Stingray fans - I am a bit clueless on Rays as I do not own one and have been developing all this
    with the help of online supporters. I bolloxed up the dimensional stuff about SUB 4 and Sterling :rollno::rollno::rollno::rollno::rollno::rollno::rollno::rollno:
    Feel free to chime in with info on this !
    My current proto was actually for STERLING 4 string :hyper:

Seems based on my collected input the current MM Stingray model SHOULD fit SUB 4 basses !
    I have been told the guard for a MM stingray fits the SUB 4 fine which means the Zero Mod should fit as well.
    if you have a SUB 4 check it out and let me know (this handy reference pic for fit)
    the pass through holes are made to allow some variation 69mm-71mm.

s-l1600.jpg

7. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    OK guys - The Sterling rests are OUT and on ebay now!