Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stern/Chambers/Wooten/Franceschini

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by baba, Apr 30, 2003.

1. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    STOKED!!!!

I just got tix for the Mike Stern quartet at Blues Alley in Wash DC. If you live near DC I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show. Wooten is playing with them this time around, and whether you dig Wooten's stylings or not, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Mike Stern is a freaking alien and this show will take your head off. Let's also not forget about the polyrhythmic funkalicious grooves of Mr. Chambers.

Ok, I feel better now. I'm so psyched.

2. dude, I saw that same show twice at Yoshi's in Oakland last year...absolutely smokin!!! Don't miss it!!!

I used to live in DC and Blues Alley is about the only thing I miss. 3rd best jazxz club in the country (Yoshi's and Village Vanguard are number 1 and 2 in my book)

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Agreed, Yoshi's is the best. I lived in San Francisco until about 2 yrs ago. I miss the consistent heavyweight lineup at Yoshi's. Blues Alley get's a gem once in a while.

4. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    When is this show? And what does Franceschini play?

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    *Advance Sale* - May 23 - 25, MIKE STERN QUARTET (Guitar) feat. DENNIS CHAMBERS (Drums), VICTOR WOOTEN (Bass) & BOB FRANCESCHINI (Sax)

http://www.bluesalley.com/calendar.htm

Be afraid!

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    damn, i LOVE wooten/chambers.

their work with Scott Henderson is unbelieveable!

f