1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stern/Chambers/Wooten/Franceschini

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by baba, Apr 30, 2003.

1. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    STOKED!!!!

I just got tix for the Mike Stern quartet at Blues Alley in Wash DC. If you live near DC I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show. Wooten is playing with them this time around, and whether you dig Wooten's stylings or not, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Mike Stern is a freaking alien and this show will take your head off. Let's also not forget about the polyrhythmic funkalicious grooves of Mr. Chambers.

Ok, I feel better now. I'm so psyched.

2. dude, I saw that same show twice at Yoshi's in Oakland last year...absolutely smokin!!! Don't miss it!!!

I used to live in DC and Blues Alley is about the only thing I miss. 3rd best jazxz club in the country (Yoshi's and Village Vanguard are number 1 and 2 in my book)

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Agreed, Yoshi's is the best. I lived in San Francisco until about 2 yrs ago. I miss the consistent heavyweight lineup at Yoshi's. Blues Alley get's a gem once in a while.

4. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    When is this show? And what does Franceschini play?

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    *Advance Sale* - May 23 - 25, MIKE STERN QUARTET (Guitar) feat. DENNIS CHAMBERS (Drums), VICTOR WOOTEN (Bass) & BOB FRANCESCHINI (Sax)

http://www.bluesalley.com/calendar.htm

Be afraid!

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    Microsoft Product Designer
    damn, i LOVE wooten/chambers.

their work with Scott Henderson is unbelieveable!

f