Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve - any gigs in the UK in December?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by thrash_jazz, Nov 7, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'll probably be coming up to the UK in mid-December and am hoping to get up for a few days. I'd love to catch a Steve Lawson show if there is one in the area! :)

Also, if any other London-area TBers are interested in meeting up, that would be a neat thing to hook up.

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Let us know once your itinerary starts to take shape - I'd certainly be up for a possible get together.

Wulf

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I'm in Luton but I'm in if I'm available.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I was at Steve's clinic in London last night with Michael Manring (as were CS & Wulf!) and he did mention that he has something like 30 gigs in 30 days!!

I think the itinerary is on his website, if he is too busy to reply - which seems quite likely, given the above! ;)

[EDIT - just looked at the website

http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk/home.htm

and it only goes up to the end of November - sorry!! ]

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    HI guys,

I might have a gig in Norwich at the beginning of December - it all depends on whether I end up doing any of the European dates with L42 - if that happens, I'm away for another couple of weeks after the dates listed on my website. If not, I'll be around. I'm pretty sure I won't be doing a London gig in December, but the Norwich one would I think be on the 5th... more details ASAP

great to see so many of you over the last three or four days!

Take care,

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Shameless self-promotion, but one of my bands, Lovesjones (website in development by yours truly) has just got the date of it's first gig on 4th December (@ The Spot, Covent Garden). Probably a bit early in the month for thrash_jazz.

You can be sure that I'll be putting more details under your noses when I've got them ;)

Wulf

7. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I'll probably be going up around the 14th up until the 28th (I'll miss wulf's gig :(). I'll only be about an hour from London by train (Haywards Heath area), but I don't know exactly when I'll be heading up to London. Will keep you all advised...

8. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Still don't know exactly when I'd be going to London but it'd have to be during the week of the 14th to the 21st.

If anyone from 'round there wants to meet up during that time, feel free to PM me :)

9. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I have just had a UK gig booked for the 6th December, only it's in Norwich, which is quite a way out of London - the details will be on my website in about 5 minutes... :)

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

10. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It's looking like my band has got a new debut gig on 18 December at the Bug Bar in Brixton, London (the previous debut gig got shuffled out by a Christmas party). Smack bang in the middle of your available dates as well ;)

I'll doubtless be posting more after tomorrow's rehearsal and final confirmation.

Wulf

11. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Hurrah - I've got confirmation of my band's debut gig. Full details and breaking news on the official Lovesjones website but the lowdown is:

Venue: The Bug Bar, Brixton, London
    Date: Wednesday 18 December (band on shortly after 9pm)
    Charges: £3.00 on the door after 8:30pm (free beforehand)

If anyone fancies making this a chance to get together, I'd be very glad to see you.

Wulf

12. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Wulf,

will try to get along - obviously hectic time of year, but it'd be great to see you play...

take care!

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

13. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I'd certainly like to make it out if I can. I'll have to try and get a hold of my cousin in London and see what her plans are. I'll let you know as soon as I know if I can make it - hope I can!

14. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Don't hustle too much over it - I've just had a message from the band's organiser to say that this gig has also been cancelled due to another Christmas party being booked over it. :mad:

I've suggested that next time we get a contract to make the venue a little less inclined to drop us...

I hope this second disappointment doesn't fragment the band... just in case, I'd better start getting those solo chops worked up ;)

Sorry to disappoint, folks.

Wulf