Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Bailey Fretless Fundamental finally arrived!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sinisamars, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Wow! I finally recevied a Basslines Fretless undamental pickup set w 3-band EQ preamp
    Can't wait to install it... Any of you guys use this pickup set/preamp?
    Your opinions?

Sinisa

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I've asked about this before, and if anyone does have it, I'll be surprised. You MUST post a review when you get it installed. What's the knob setup like? Would it fit in a three-knob Jazz Bass?

3. Ok, here's what can I say from the instructions:

There are four pots, because it's 3-band EQ:

Master Volume-Pull Contour
    Blend
    Mid
    Bass/Treble

so, i presume that 2 band EQ will fit a standard jazz bass with 3 pots.

I'm not much into this electrical stuff, so i'll give a full 'what-is-sound-like' when i get it into my bass.
    Also, the battery place is connected really close to the output jack which is because of easier fitting into the standard jazz bass (i think)

My bass is not standard jazz type, so i'll need to cut the wood here and there a bit :( But it was worth waiting... I am not from US, but i have uncle in Chicago, and he ordered it right from Santa Barbara... and waited 3 months 'cause they told him they probably couldn't send the original Fretless Fundamental... i was dissapointed, but on January 6, when I got and opened the package... they made it after all!! And it was a greatest New Year surprise i've ever got!

wow!

I'll post the review soon, as well as sound clips..

Sinisa