Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Bailey Pre-Amp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I ordered a Seymour STC-3 pre amp, and they sent me a STC-3SB (Steve Baley model) instead.... is ther much difference between the 2??? should i keep the SB or get the normal one???

Chris

2. Bump

I was, just tonight, looking at these two tone circuits to use as a replacement to the stock setup in my Brice V2 fretless. I'm interested in what others have to say as well.

3. Chris,

On the Seymour Duncan website, the description says that the STC-2 and STC-3 model has a slap switch, which might be important to you. The Steve Bailey model description doesn't mention the slap switch, but instead says it has a switch that optimizes fretless harmonics. The pictures of each board indicates that the SB model is physically larger with quite a bit more circuitry, perhaps making the SB model too large to fit my bass's electronics cavity. The size might be a consideration for you as well. If you've got the SB model, could you let me know the physical dimensions. I think, for my installation, I would prefer the SB model if it would fit my bass without having to make the cavity larger.