Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Bailey Signature..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffshort, Dec 26, 2005.

1. geoffshort

geoffshort

Mar 29, 2005
    I've been looking around for one and can't seem to find one. The Aria site has a link to the model but it doesn't work? Would anyone happen to know how/where to get one?
    I already checked ebay. While on the topic, does anyone have one?

2. geoffshort

geoffshort

Mar 29, 2005
    Sorry I have to do this....Bump :bawl:

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The Aria signature model has been discontinued for a while now - your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay, as they pop up from time to time.

As for what he's using now, Steve's been sighted playing Warwick, Spector, and a custom Ibanez most recently. The Ibanez, a natural finish ash-bodied SR6 (think the Gary Willis bass with one more string an no fretlines) is a thing of beauty.

4. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Why? That bass is ugly looking and sounding. There is waay better out there. :spit:

5. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    there was a 5 string steve bailey on bassnw.com , not sure if its still tehre or not

6. doug-wilkerson

doug-wilkerson

Dec 26, 2005
    why did they discontinue it?

7. geoffshort

geoffshort

Mar 29, 2005
    I didn't knwo the discontinued it :(. What would you guys recommend as a god six string fretless? I've looked at Brice but I'd like to be able to play one.

Thanks again :)

8. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I had the 4 string one here for a while, I liked it especially for the price I paid. The push/pull mute knob was pretty cool. It had SD Baselines, ebony board, tobacco burst ash body w/MHS. I kinda dig the big tort guard too.

It was a nice bass, but I sold it when I got a very similar one, with roseboard, different pups, and no mute knob, otherwise the same. This other one has a distinctive crisp "barking" sound that fascinates me so I held on to it.

There's a guy on ebay who continually lists a 4 and a 5, but they don't sell. They may be listed right now actually. I believe the list price was/is a hefty (for an Aria) $1500 or so.