Steve Buscemi appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Lets take a moment to give it up to one of the best and most underated actors of our time!

2. He always has to play the crazy guy though...
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    He ruled as Donny.
  4. jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    But really, how could a guy that looks like that NOT play the crazy guy? And he really does do just about any kind of crazy well. Great actor though. I'm a fan of most of the movies I've seen him in. (Mr. deeds not so much...)
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I think I've enjoyed him in just about everything I've seen him in. Two thumbs up.
  6. jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    he plays a great douchebag!
  7. "The dude abides." Steve Buscemi kicks ass...

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    This guy has so much talent he ever made that awful movie "Armogedden" (however you spell that) at least a LITTLE bit interesting.
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Think of all the other guys that play crazy really well: Christopher Walken, Kevin Spacey,Willem Dafoe, John Malkovich, Crispin Glover...Guys that can say normal things and make them sound waaaaaaaay creepy.

I want to see all of them in one movie. And I want it to be bizarre, like, 'Drag Queens From Outer Space' kind of bizarre...maybe with jive talking robots and full frontal little person nudity. And then a six foot tall, animated, talking condom, that is somehow accepted as a regular person will try to kill the President of Earth but miraculously be stopped by a pyrokinetic dog named Norman...Janeane Garofalo can play the love interest, a super-evolved bacteria culture that formed in a damp mop.

Yeah. That's what I want to see.

Because you KNOW who'll play the voice of Norman...don't you? Come on, think about it. Whose thread is this?
  10. Crap i was gonna make this thread.
    Whats up with that.
    But yeah he is an awesome actor. Ghost World would have been unwatchable without him. Same with others.
    Every role he's played has been excellent.
  11. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Originally, Tarantino was supposed to play Mr. Pink, but Buscemi nailed it in the audition. QT had a talk with Buscemi right before the audition telling him to take the part.

12. Here in Texas HBO costs alot, so I've never seen an episode. IIRC you guys get that with basic cable, right?
  13. In a discussion (nerd babble) I had with some friends, we determined that I am the essence of Steve Buscemi. Creepy, a little nutty, likes guns, professional, constantly out of my element...reads like my resume.

Why the hell won't people hire me...

Anyway, I give Mr. Buscemi a Rambo-Level Awesome award for nailing my character so well.
  14. yup
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I went bowling the other day for the first time in many years. woo.
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I only really loved him as Donny and Mr. Pink. Other than that, he's OK. Solid.
  17. +1
    and in FARGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!