Steve Dail of Project 86

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassman1185, Apr 20, 2001.

1. I was wondering what you all thought of him. I think he's awesome. He's probably my favorite bassist right now.
  2. well, he's a really good bassist. I like his tone and playing style. I think he plays fernandes tremor 4's and/or fender P basses. Amp-wise i have NO idea. I had the pleasure of seeing the PROJECT at a local church last april and they were really awsome! I'm looking forward to seeing them this sumemr with stavesacre and LIVING SACRIFICE(their bassist is awsome too. he has the RADDEST tone). hope this helps....
  3. I saw the first show of the Your New Empire tour Tuesday, and is was awesome. Steve played a standard Jazz with new pickups through 2 Ampeg 8x10s. Living Sacrifice's bassist is great too. he works so well with the drummers that a couple of drummer friends of mine were asking each other how the dummers did "all that cool kick stuff."
  4. bannerman

Aug 29, 2007
    Every time I've seen Project 86 (Tomfest 2006 and a few other years) he has been playing an Eden rig. However, in their latest video "My Will Be A Dead Man" you can clearly see an Ampeg stack in the background. Might just be a prop. According to bassman1185 he's also used an Ampeg rig at live gigs. It could very well be that they borrow equipment for Tomfest, since it is not close to home for them. Back when POD used to hit Tomfest, him an Traa used the same rig... so who knows. What I do know is that he makes the Eden rig sound just incredible. So did Traa, for that matter :)