Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Digiorgio?!?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Guybrush, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush

Mar 22, 2002
    turkey,istanbul
    i was listening to the album "individual thought patterns" by death..steve is amazing! i never heard such bass lines before..i don't think anybody else can play like him the fretless..he is best fretless i have ever listened..not to mention jaco but he is really really really reaallllly great! you have to listen to him if u haven't guys :bassist: :bassist:

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Watched the video on his site before; he is super technical but his playing does nothing for me. Or the music for that matter.

3. Guybrush

Guybrush

Mar 22, 2002
    turkey,istanbul
    it's not about his speed..he actually plays the fretless..listen to the album horror show by iced earth...you'll get my point

4. Claudia

Claudia

Apr 25, 2004
    Steve Digiorgio is one of my favorites.He's great on individual thought patterns and also on Vintersorg's two last albums!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have death's scream bloody gore. Does the production get better from that point on?

6. Guybrush

Guybrush

Mar 22, 2002
    turkey,istanbul
    i don't think he played in scream bloody gore

7. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Listen to his Sadus stuff. :cool:

8. Geezer_Butler

Geezer_Butler

Feb 13, 2004
    The prodution its much better and the music allso gets really better. You shold allso listen to Control denied, Chuck played in it, and I allso think Steve does

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I don't know much about Death, I bought Scream Bloody Gore a while back. I noticed everything Combat produced has the same ****ty "drums way too loud, everything very empty sounding" production.

10. Claudia

Claudia

Apr 25, 2004
    Hi,If you liked Steve on Individual thought patterns,you absolutely have to hear what he did on Vintersorg-The focusing Blur, and Vintersorg-Visions from the spiral generator ;)