Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Harris Bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dfreeman, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Has anyone played Steve Harris's Signature P-bass. Give me all the gritty details! I need one!

Maiden Rules!
    Doug

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Had the opportunity to play one when they first came out. Sounded good, felt better but I thought the pickguard detracted from the instrument and the Iron maiden logo just killed the instrument alltogether. ymmy

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I've had mine for about six months. It's great! Solid low end with almost effortless playability.

I did replace the pickguard with a white pearloid one, though. Red mirror was starting to get scratched.

I don't think you'll find anymore; Fender discontinued them quite some time ago.:(

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I thought it sounded better than the MIA models.

5. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    That would be the quarterpounder pup. I have one in my 1977 P. Its a great pickup. And possibly the Badass bridge 2

Chrsi

6. If anybody knows where I can find one, please let me know!

7. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Well, Sam Ash still advertises them. . .:rolleyes:

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I must comment. I bought a Steve Harris new in June and absolutely love it. The fact that it was the "Steve Harris Model" had almost nothing to do with my decesion to buy it. It simply has the greatest neck I have ever played. Almost as soon as I got it the Duncan's were ripped out and active EMG's were nestled in the cavity. I absolutely love this bass, I am currently in the process of changing the chrome hardware out to black.

And about the pickguard, I'm thinking of chroming that out. Just like Ol' Stevie:D

9. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Glad you like it! Mine's starting to take second stage to the G&L I just bought, but it's still a great bass.

Just out of curiosity, why'd you replace the Basslines? What does the EMG have that the 1/4 lb. lacks?

10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    1) Got a great deal on the EMG's.

2) Just didn't care for the basslines sound.

I bought the bass for the neck. Yes, the blue caught my eye, but I love the neck on it. The small frets are amazing, and the rounded edges work great for me. Nothing against S/D, I love their guitar pups, just not the 1/4lb's.

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Oh yeah, I forgot. They're active!

12. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Stubi, do you still have those pups? Only I've been looking to get some for my P-Bass....

13. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I totally dig my Steve Harris. I have no desire to play anything else. By the way, I saw one go for like $800 US on ebay. Not bad considering I got mine for $510 brand spankin'.

14. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Chronic, yes I still have them. PM me if your interested.

Jmanyae, I got a similar deal. It was originally tagged at $800, then marked down to $600. And then I talked them down to $500 + tax (8.25%!!)
    Couldn't talk 'em into a gig bag though:rolleyes: