1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steve Harris Neck Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lfmn16, Feb 3, 2017.

1. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I did a search, but didn't really find an answer. Does anyone know an aftermarket neck like the Steve Harris MIM model? I'd like to get one, but don't want to put out the almost $400 that they go for (with shipping).

Thanks.

2. I know there's a seller on EBay that regularly has them. Stratosphere I believe. Sometimes with tuners, sometimes not and they're usually in the low $300 range from what I remember. The Dee Dee Ramone neck looks very similar but maybe different size frets.

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If it's anything like the MIJ blue bass series, the neck is literally the biggest P neck I've ever played.

Gluvhand likes this.
  4. lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Thanks, they are $370 including shipping.

5. Ok. Yeah. Not much of a bargain. Sorry.

6. lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I probably won't find one cheaper, just thought I'd throw the question out there. I'm not seeing "U" shaped necks in the after market selection.

7. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    the NBD Steve Harris thread made me dreaming too :D:D:D

good luck for the hunt :thumbsup:

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

lfmn16 likes this.
  8. lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I may just buy one of the Harris basses.

9. I have a MIM classic 50s from 2014 and the neck is rather huge, I'm guessing the Harris is even bigger ? Is think fender would of just used one of those or a rover Walters for his sig because MIM signs in the past were less then accurate