Steve Harris Neck too small!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by inthevelvet, May 1, 2019.

1. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Washington DC
    I like necks that are thick front to back(U-shape?). I have an allparts "Fat Jazz" that I like a lot, but I wouldn't mind if it were thicker. I bought a Steve Harris (MIM) neck off Reverb because I heard they were huge and I was not impressed with the thickness at all. What should I be looking for in a 1.625" width that has serious girth? Thanks in advance.

2. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Musikraft offers their Fender neck with a 1" neck thickness option, and your choice of nut width. I've got one, with 1.75" nut, and ended up actually removing some thickness because it was massive (and I have large hands).

3. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Washington DC
    Sweet, will check it out. Strangely, I don't have huge hands I'm 5'9" and have pretty average size hands. I wonder if Harris necks came in different contours over the years?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022