Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Harris P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Feb 18, 2002.

1. One review on Harmony Central says that the Steve Harris signature model is a limited edition. The Fender website doesn't say so.

Is this true? On paper, this bass looks pretty good...

2. The Steve Harris P is discontinued, so grab one fast if you want one! And, yes, they do look tasty.

3. Somebody pointed out that the Harris Bass doesn't appear in the Fender 2002 price list, indicating it is no longer available from them. So yes, don't wait.

4. I played one at the store and it was pretty nice feeling, however the Iron Maiden stuff on it was less than appealing! And I was not digging the colors either.

In my opinion I would get a MIM P deluxe instead.

Later -
    K.

5. Does anyone know why Fender would discontinue a model so quickly?

It came out only 5 months ago!

6. It was a limited production run. It's run has...run out, so there are no more.

7. Are they still making that horrible Blink 182 signature bass? It's not on their website, so I assume (hope!) they've come to their senses and condemned the infernal creation to hell.

8. Yeah, I noticed that the Mark Hoppus bass wasn't listed in the Frontlines (2001 or 2002) and isn't on the website...

Hey, going back to those Steve Harris things, do you think people are going to snap them up or will they sit around for a few months, like all those Stu Hamm Urge II's I've seen...