1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steve Harris SIG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benny57, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Benny57

Benny57

Mar 1, 2006
    Hi i am new to the forums, i was just wondering if anyone new where i could get hold of a Fender Steve Harris signature model, or a lake placid blue 57 precision bass (american made).

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Neither are doable. The Harris is long out of production, and the '57 is only available in 2TSB, White Blonde and Black.

3. I wish they still made them. :(

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Other than installing a Duncan Quarter Pound P pup, a B/A II bridge and some flats, what else would one need to do to a P Bass to SteveHarris-ize it?

5. Having it being the actual sig. :p

6. Get that sweet anodized burgundy pickguard.

7. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    To be honest, the Harris sig is realy nothing like the real Harris bass, Harris have customized SPB1 pickups "to make em sound exactly like the pups that where made in the 70's", when the sig was made his main bass, wich basically is whats REALY his sig, where no longer blue, all basses he have have regular mirror pickguard. i have only seen him use the sig in the Rain maker video... and apparently is his sig doesnt have a one piece neck.

No, your better of buying a Japanese 70's reissue P bass, or a real 70's P Bass, get a mirror pickguard, Repaint the bass to Chrome Blue and add a Badass II bridge, thoose basses allready have reissue pups, so there would be no point in getting new pickups if you want a bass exactly like Harris.

ofcourse, he might have changed all thoose things, but thats what the interviews i have read said...

Still, I want his sig, it looks rather sweet :p i cant help it, i have read alot of reviews on it, and it anoys me that about every time i read one it says "I use this bass for Punk" What about us Maiden fans that want that bass to Play Iron Maiden and Heavy Metal with?! :p

8. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    oh, if you get a japanese one, get the neck refinished to, they are great basses, but the finish is Thick as hell!!

9. I think it was cooler when he was using a Lado in the mid-'80s, but I'm sort of a sucker for neck-through P-basses.

10. I'll probobly get a Fender American P-Bass(black w/ white pickguard) and put Duncan Quarter pounders, mirror pickquard, locking tuners, and a BA2 bridge in it.

Too bad I need a new amp first. :(

11. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I'd really liek a white boung body with a back PG and headstock for a steve harris looking bass.

12. steve21

steve21 Banned

So sad that fender discontinued it.

ah, the evil that men do. :(

13. Does discontinuing a model that a subset (us here at TB) have a fetish for qualify as "evil"? We all have the models we love, but isn't there a cut-off point?

I mean: Hitler, Vader, Gibson (for screwing up Tobias, but that's a corporation and therefore a different story), "Dr." Evil, K.A.R.R.... Fender VP?

One of these things is not like the other... and no, it's not K.A.R.R.

14. steve21

steve21 Banned

I was referencing an Iron Maiden song.

15. its just wrong that it was discontinued why would they do that???! and the thing is not many people who have them want to sel cus they are sooo great but the ones who do sell end up selling them for indecent amounts of money in comparison to what they payed. :(

16. i concur - i liked the steve harris model alot when i tried it out at GC in the late 90's - like the geddy lee, i thought it was an awesome bass at a reasonable price - great japanese craftsmanship and consistency (though i would have preferred that they hide the iron maiden icon on the back of the head like they had the good taste to do with the GL) - surprised to read that only 300 were made? i thought they were available through MF and GC?? of course, it wouldn't be the first time i was wrong... i also saw a noel redding sig jazz in a shop for around $1K - I know he passed away in recent years, but i'm still puzzled at this pricing...

17. paul n

paul n

May 6, 2005
    Arden, NC
    Wasn't it just a limmited edition like the Duck Dunn Model? Theywere anounced at the same time and I rember something about it being limitted. I could be wrong of course :eyebrow:

~Paul :)

18. That one he's pictured with during the "Powerslave"-era stuff is indeed gorgeous- how's about that Lado T-Bird style bass that has a P pup? I think he uses it in the video for "Aces High." It's sweet too.

19. yngwie63

yngwie63

Mar 24, 2006
    England
    The West Ham paint job ?
    :ninja: