1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Steve Harris signature or Geddy Lee Signature?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TUEP, May 16, 2018 at 6:58 PM.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    Here very soon I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these basses. I really like how loaded up to Steve Harris Precision bass is. But something also attracts me to that vintage Vibe of Geddy Lee's Bass. Weight is not an issue as I've heard with the Steve Harris Bass. But I like a strong Punchy P Bass. But then again I'm torn between a vintage sounding Jazz, based off a legend, or a loaded up precision bass that's also based off a legend. Anyone here who's tried them both, who can can give me some info and opinions?

2. They are very different basses. I don’t like the finish on the USA Geddy necks. The Steve Harris fender is definetly a punchy P, so it gets my vote!

3. For me, the Geddy has a very distinct feel and sound, which checks my like button.

The SHarris bass is nice as well, meaty and thick sounding, but I've been able to find more P basses that have the feel and sound of the Harris bass than the Lee jazz. On that respect, I'd go with the Jazz. Either basses are very nice and winners. There is no bad choice. It's up to your personal preference.

Both would be my answer. :)

4. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    They are different animals. The neck on the Steve Harris is huge. I have a USA Geddy and it's a thicker jazz neck, which is about my ideal neck size. The MIM Geddy are too thin for me.