Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Harris Signature Rotosound Flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by tiredman9, Nov 2, 2005.

1. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    Has anyone tried these?

I just bought my first set for 30 bucks plus tax and after having em on for a week i have to admit i really like the tone. they have that flatwound thump but still a good of that roundwound clearness in the high notes, i can slap em pretty well. i cant wait to here em in a week or too and im gonna see what they sound like with a foam piece under the bridge...

2. Hurezeanu

Hurezeanu

May 13, 2005
    Wow, you can slap on them?

I bought a set of harris flatwounds about a year ago, I liked the traditional Rotosound flat-tone (bright at first then rounded and beefy), but found the strings to be too heavy for me!

glad to hear you like em though!

3. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    FYI,

The Steve Harris signature set is the same as the regular
    RS77LE set, except you get different colored silk ends
    and Steve's mug on the package as well as a higher price.

Slug

4. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    yeah i know they are the same things but the only other ones they had were regular Rotosound flatwounds in a really low gauge (light extra light) and had like a 95 E and i prefer my strings heavy so these were the only other flatwounds they had and had a 110 E and a 95 A so i thought id give em a try. The slap tone isn't that great but its probably the best flatwound slap ive heard...but then agaiin i don't slap so it shouldnt matter

5. Really? I was under the impression that they are made of monel or somesuch instead of other metal.

6. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>> The Rotosound flatwounds are all Monel, whether they are the Steve Harris set or not. The construction is identical and the Steve Harris set is identical to the RS77LE set. Same thing. Steve Harris has plenty of money, and I don't need to see his mug on the package..

Slug