1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steve Harris using JCM800 bass amp in the early days?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CliffHarrisFan, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CliffHarrisFan

CliffHarrisFan

Apr 11, 2009
    Title is pretty much the question, does anyone know of Harris using a Marshall JCM800 in the early days? This picture has had me thinking of it. It's on top of his Hiwatt head, I first thought they were some of the guitarists amps, but Harris uses JCM800 bass cabs and the heads above his Hiwatts look like the JCM800, thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Its probably a Superlead, and used by one of the Guitarists... He used Hiwatts. I don't think he used JCM800's.

3. CliffHarrisFan

CliffHarrisFan

Apr 11, 2009
    yeah, i thought that too. its just that in killers he had both his hiwatt and a peavey mark III. so i thought maybe the marshall could have been another mystery amp lol.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I don't think so.

Maybe, but i've never really heard of him using Marshall amps.

Cabs, sure...

5. CliffHarrisFan

CliffHarrisFan

Apr 11, 2009
    yeah me neither, just the fact that the heads on top of his hiwatts look different to the rest of the marshalls... made me wonder

6. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Who on here has played the bass version of the jcm800? is it cool does it suck?

7. My friend has one, borrowed it once and tried it place of my Orange AD200B. Nice big chunky low end but I found the top end quite harsh. It hasn't been modded and has brand new tubes so I assume it sounds like it's meant to.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021