1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Steve Harris "Wanna Be"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by KrisWarrington, Jan 10, 2012.

1. So to any of you who know me know that I'm very heavily influenced by steve and it reflects a lot in my music. I've always been in technical metal bands doing my thing on the low end but recently I've been trying to get into more a 80's sounding metal bands because I love having the freedom to do basically what steve does on bass. So now whenever I try out for one of these bands I just get labeled as a steve harris clone. Even though the scales and nodes I use are completely different from his. I guess you can't be the front man on bass anymore in the metal scene without being a steve harris clone.

Which is why I'm hittin up the studio and recording all my originals soon (perks of playing guitar and drums as well I suppose) so anyone who likes some good ole maiden might like my new tunes. Sounds like 80's maiden mixed with some unearth.

2. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    Sounds fun....I'm also going for an 80's maiden sound with a Russian twist to it.