Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve, I think I figured it out...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Zuperchicken, Jan 4, 2004.

1. I firmly believe the only problem I have with playing solo bass pieces is that there ain't no one else playing.

:D

Peace,
    John Ross
    idiot@zuperchicken.com
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    John, I think you might be onto something there...

maybe we can come up with a type of solo bass playing where someone else IS playing, only it's you, and yet it's recorded and then, er, looping over and over again, so there's 2 of you, then 3 of you... yes! I think you've done it! I'm going to go away and work on this idea, I think in a few years, I might have an act...

:D

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

3. Steve! You're onto to something there... Man! You might wanna give that a try. Let me know how it works out.

I went ahead and gave it a shot but the other guys playing was just simply AWFUL so I tried to fire them. Well, that was a bleedin' mess... no matter how many times I told myself to pack up and leave because I have the talent of an overgrown Gnat here I am! I just won't go away! I'll be danged if I'M the one who's going to leave the house, it's ME that needs to go, not I. The audacity of some people...

:)

Looking forward to seeing you at the NAMM and the Master Class in Northern Cal in a few.

Peace,
    John Ross

Overgrown_Gnat@zuperchicken.com

http://www.bassgirl.com

My poor livingroom...

[​IMG]