1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Steve, I think I figured it out...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Zuperchicken, Jan 4, 2004.

1. I firmly believe the only problem I have with playing solo bass pieces is that there ain't no one else playing.

:D

Peace,
    John Ross
    idiot@zuperchicken.com
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    John, I think you might be onto something there...

maybe we can come up with a type of solo bass playing where someone else IS playing, only it's you, and yet it's recorded and then, er, looping over and over again, so there's 2 of you, then 3 of you... yes! I think you've done it! I'm going to go away and work on this idea, I think in a few years, I might have an act...

:D

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

3. Steve! You're onto to something there... Man! You might wanna give that a try. Let me know how it works out.

I went ahead and gave it a shot but the other guys playing was just simply AWFUL so I tried to fire them. Well, that was a bleedin' mess... no matter how many times I told myself to pack up and leave because I have the talent of an overgrown Gnat here I am! I just won't go away! I'll be danged if I'M the one who's going to leave the house, it's ME that needs to go, not I. The audacity of some people...

:)

Looking forward to seeing you at the NAMM and the Master Class in Northern Cal in a few.

Peace,
    John Ross

Overgrown_Gnat@zuperchicken.com

http://www.bassgirl.com

My poor livingroom...

[​IMG]