Steve Khan - Crossings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Mar 1, 2005.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    great album, i just wish brecker was on more than a couple of tracks. i actually wrote a chart for the track descarga khanalonius from that album a couple years ago. turned out to be just an exercise in transcribing as my band decided to just go with all the original stuff :meh:

cool version of inner urge on there also. pretty different sounding.
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    One of my favourite Khan albums.

Once upon a time, Khan I I exchanged e-maiils(I was at a certain Jazz site talking about The Blue Man; I said it was "good, but had some '70s Disco moments". Watch what you say online!!).
    Anyway, I asked about the liner notes in Crossings...he told me they were somewhat incorrect, the Japanese interviewer/translator confused the facts(IIRC, Khan is talking about his relationship with his dad).

Anyway, Crossings & Headline are both keepers, IMO.
    Public Access is definitely worth the $4! Hell, he's giving it away.
    It's OOP, right?
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Very good album. Can't believe I forgot I loaded that and "Eyewitness" up on the iPod a while back.
  4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    I agree, a great CD.
    AJ kills.
  5. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I've liked the few Eyewitness tracks that I have heard. I shall dig out my Khan/AJ/Dennis Chambers concert bootleg tonight!
  6. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yeah, I believe it is. I've thought of buying another copy just to have because of that. Somebody needs to pick that up!

:eek: You have Eyewitness?! I've been looking for that album forever. Last time I found a copy on Amazon, the seller $99 for it! I can't seem to find the CD on eBay. :meh:

I'm thinking of going with Headline next. That one looks good as well.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999

$99 is a bit extreme.
    Check yer PM!
  8. Check and replied, man!
  9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    99 bucks!....yikes/ *starts eyeing personal C.D. collection to see how much I could rip people off for* :D

I really wish the record companies would just give the masters back to the artist if they have no plans to release the C.D.s :mad:
    Crossings is great BTW :cool:
  10. Yeah, I agree.

Can't wait to get it!
  11. Hey everyone,

I just read a very cool article from about what guitarists look for in bassists. Steve Khan is one of the interviewed artists and he talks alot about AJ and the opportunity to play with the legend. It's a cool read.