Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Khan's "Eyewitness" (Anthony Jackson)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 21, 2001.

1. I didn't want to revive any old threads, so I'll just say this here:

Brad, JimK, thanks for the recommendation. Not only are AJ's basslines as killer as I expected, but the music itself is pretty tight. I'd actually like to do a version of "Where's Mumphrey?" with the fusion group that I'm trying to get together (knowing my luck, it won't happen :rolleyes: ).

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Which discs did you pick up?
    BTW, the post-Eyewitness stuff that Steve Khan put out under his name(though Jackson & Chambers appear on them)are also very good. I'm thinking Crossings may be OOP...that one is one of my favorites.
    Khan's Got My Mental(w/ Patitucci on URB & DeJohnette on cans)is also pretty decent(I saw this one at the store today!).

Cool site alert-
    www.stevekhan.com

Steve's a very nice guy!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What Jim said. I have "Crossings", it came out in 94. If it is OOP that's a shame, it's one of my favorites, too. I've been into Steve's playing since the Brecker Bros. stuff, I even have "Tightrope" on wax.

That's what I love about this group, it reminds me of what I should be digging out in the basement ;). It also reminds me not to keep 100 of my harder to find CDs in my car anymore:(

In another vein, check AJ out with Michel Camilo, particularly the trio work with Dave Weckl. It still kills me.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I absolutely loved the "Public Access" album those guys put out for GRP a while back. Perfect ensemble: two guitarists, two percussionists.

5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    this steve khan talk makes me think of the other day when i was listening to one of the live montreux jazz fest double albums cbs put out in the late 70's. its steve khan on guitar and the other guitarist is the guy from abba!?! some good stuff though.