Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Lawson - A couple of upcoming shows in the US

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi all,

I'm going to be in the states for a couple of weeks, and while I'm there I've got a couple of shows -

Oct 15th - Caffeine Coffee Bar & Cafe, Nashville, 8pm. Cover TBC (about $5, certainly no more than...)

Oct 24th - Detroit Bass Fest - www.detroitbassfest.com

hope to see some of you there...

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Can't wait to meet you at the bassfest Tino!

3. detroit? sweet...you are getting closer and closer to Wisconsin...only one state over...

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hey, good to see you making an appearance in recently unpopular USA. I'd love to see you play, but I'm quite the drive. I really like your work.

Just a side note- It would be awesome if more of your recent albums were available for less via download (such as "And nothing but the bass")- I think it would be great for international (read: USA) fans/customers. :)

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Steve,
    It was great meeting you at BassFest here in Detroit.
    Bob and I are tossing around the idea of bringing a few of you guys back for a real show.
    We'll be in touch!
    BTW, for the rest of you who didn't make it to BassFest, Steve was the "sleeper" hit of the show.
    I didn't know what to expect (I knew he could play), but instead of displaying a ton of chops and crazy-ness, he just tore it up by doing what he does, sweet, melodic playing. (Oh yeah, he has chops too!!)
    And his intonation, let me tell ya, the dude is dead on!

6. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Unpopular? Nah, the USA isn't unpopular - we can distinguish between the behaviour of your politicians and what american people are really like... ;)

I had a great time in the US - I'm beginning a series of blog-posts about my trip over there on my site, Chicago is already up, and today I'll post Nashville...

Mike, Detroit Bass Fest was a blast - great venue, great organisation, I loved it. I'm really glad you dug my set - it was a lot of fun. It was also great to get to see Matt Garrison premiering his quadraphonic bass 'n' laptop show - man, there was some deep music going on there, and if that's what it's like at this early stage, God knows what it's going to sound like when they've got the whole band in on it!

I'm really up for coming back - drop me an email, and we'll talk about possibilities...

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

7. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Steve, you never come to Tampa! Don't you want to at least go to Bass Central once?

8. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I hope to make it to Florida soon - I need someone to book me there for a gig, that's all! :)

If you know a local promoter or a venue that would be likely, do drop me an email...

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net