Steve Lawson tour so far - thanks!!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi guys,

just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has come out to the gigs and clinics thus far - it's been great to meet a load of lovely talkbass people over the last three weeks - I've had some great gigs - the shows with Michael Manring were particularly fun as always, and the only one that turned out weird was a double-booking at Cafe Du Nord in SF... oh well... :)

Anyway, tonight is the clinic at Instrumental Music in Ventura - 7pm, then tomorrow I'm at Jim's Music in Irvine at 5pm - if you know anyone in the area, please email them to come to the clinic, as the shop has done NO promo for it at all! Hope to see lots of you there!

I'll post a fuller round up of the tour when I get home next week...

2. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Glad to hear the tour is going well, Steve! :) I hope you can put together an East Coast USA tour someday (and come here to PA, of course). I'm really anxious to see/hear you live. :)
  3. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Thank you, Steve! It was fun to hang out with you in Redwood City. I enjoyed your tunes and your sense of humor.

Sorry to hear about the Cafe du Nord snafu, hope it worked out OK. Come back to California soon, please!
  4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Wish I could have made it to more shows but it was nice to meet you while you were in San Jose. Hope the rest of your trip is enjoyable and that you have a good trip back home. I will definitely come to see you the next time you make it back out to California.
  5. bump

Jan 13, 2003
    Auburn, CA
    Hi there,
    Caught the tour in Newcastle, California. Great to meet you and even greater to hear you and Michael play. Really opened up some new horizons. My two bass playing sons were with me and they were blown away.

I just wanna know how many throw pillows had to die to make that jacket........:eek:

6. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    LOL :)

Fair treatement for funrniture!

Not to mention the poor tin foil sacrificed for the silver T-shirt! ;)
  7. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    bump - thanks for coming to the gig! I'm really glad you enjoyed it - say hi to your sons from me...

I can assure you that no pillows or tin foil were harmed in the making of my stage gear... :D