Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Lawson UK Tour in August...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hey all,

off the back of the release of my new album, I've lined up a whole load of UK tour dates, hope you can make it out to some of them (feel free to arrange TB get togethers before any of the dates, and I'll try to get along if I can...)

5th - CB2, Norfolk Street, Cambridge.- solo gig, doors 8pm. Double bill with Rob Jackson. Tix £5 adv/£6 door.

6th - The Hobbit, Southampton, Hampshire - solo gig, free entry, on stage 10pm. Support from Rob Jackson.

7th - Darbucka World Music Bar, St John Street, London, EC1V - Solo, album launch gig!!, support from Rob Jackson. Music from 8pm, tix £3, free with flyer downloadable from my site

8th - The Schooner Inn, Southwick, Brighton - Solo, on a double bill with Rob Jackson. Doors 7.30. Tix TBA.

11th - Brel Bar & Restaurant, Ashton Lane, Glasgow - Solo on a double bill with yet another Greenbelter, Calamateur. tix £3, music starts 8pm

13th - Barrels Ale House, Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland - Solo on a double bill with Calamateur. tix £6

18th-22nd - Edinburgh Festival - solo gigs, Wigwam Theatre complex, George Square Theatre, Buccleuch Place.

27th - 31st - Greenbelt Festival, Cheltenham.

30th - The Hobbit, Southampton, Hampshire - solo gig as part of a bank holiday music fest, free entry, on stage mid afternoon, details ASAP.

check out my website for more details on any of them, or drop me a line...

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. Detritus

Detritus

Aug 18, 2003
    Hampshire
    Have been listening a lot to the MP3s on your web site a lot over the last few days. Especially the title track. So amazingly beautiful :D Fully expect to be at Darbucka: can you pre-book? I am thinking you, new album launch, free venue AND Rob Jackson too (have wanted to see him live for a while): what a bill! :hyper: what great value! - will there be enough space for everyone?

PS. Please play "Grace and Gratitude" at the lanch (not that you wouldn't, I guess, but just in case).

3. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    thanks Detritus, I'm really glad you're enjoying the MP3s!

No problem about booking - the venue holds a lot of people, so I think the chances of it being full are pretty rare...! I'll make sure you get in! :)

And yes, have no fear, I'll certainly be playing the title track - at the moment, it's the only track of the new album I've actually learnt! I need to go back and work out those tracks I improvised so I can perform them... :)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

4. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    About the title track,IT ROCKS. :bassist:

5. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
  6. Skeld

Skeld

Feb 27, 2004
    Amiens, France
    Hi Steve,
    just wondering if you got any gigs in France soon?

BTW you music is truly amazing, I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of the albums, so I will order your cds as soon as possible. :)

7. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Skeld,

nothing booked in France at the moment, but I'm hoping to come back over there soon - I LOVE playing in France, and have had quite a few trips to Lozere for gigs with French musicians. If you have any contacts with bookers/promoters, please let me know!

I'm really glad you're enjoying the music! The shop on the website lets you view the prices in Euros, so hopefully that will make buying the CDs easier - if you got them all now, you'd get free shipping, and the extra CD that comes with the new album... :)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

8. Steve, Grace and Gratitude is just so awesome. I love that clip! :D
    I've emailed the bar to see if it OK for unders to attend, I'm thinking me and my girlfriend can go out for a meal for our 1 year. and hopefully after paying for the dinner I can afford your CD! :rollno: :p

jazz on! ;)

9. Skeld

Skeld

Feb 27, 2004
    Amiens, France
    I will order as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I haven't got any paypal account...is the international money order the only other way to order from France?

10. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Skeld,

if you have a credit card, you can pay through paypal - it takes you through the registration process, which is painless enough, and then you just pay like you would with your card any other way.

Other than that, IMO is the way to go - you should be able to get one from the post office pretty easily :) With any luck, we'll be joining the Euro before too long, and all this will be much much easier... ;)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

11. Skeld

Skeld

Feb 27, 2004
    Amiens, France
    Okay! I'm so impatient to listen to your great albums! :hyper:

Totally agree! :)

Thanks a lot for your answers :cool:

12. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Tickets for my gigs at the Edinburgh festival are available online now from www.edfringe.com - the official Edinburgh Fringe Website. The shows details are -

15th-21st August,
    C too ,
    St Columba's by the Castle,
    Johnston Terrace,
    Edinburgh.

Tickets are £10/£7.50 concs. and the gig starts at 11.45 each evening.

I'll be playing live on The Arts Show on BBC Radio Scotland on Aug 16th as well...

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net