Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Lawson's Album

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Andy Long, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Andy Long

Andy Long

May 3, 2000
    Wales
    Hi, I'm fairly new to TalkBass and just finding my way around. I see Steve Lawson is one of the gurus here and I was wondering whether anyone out there has heard his album. It's called 'And Nothing But The Bass' and if you are serious about exploring the outer limits of possibility for bass guitar you should really check it out.

I see there's a bit of a feature on the site about it, I recently interviewed Steve and the result is posted on my site along with a review of the album and a gig review. Check it out it's at http://freespace.virgin.net/third.bass.

Steve's album is full of his favourite gadgets and is a mixture of improv-laced tunes and some more ambient stuff. V. Cool.

Cheers

Andy Long

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you do know that steve is a moderator of his own forum here at talkbass, don't you :D

3. Looks like he knows, John! ;)
    [​IMG]

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Welcome Andy!!

Good to see ya over here!

Chris A.:rolleyes:

5. Andy Long

Andy Long

May 3, 2000
    Wales
    quote : you do know that steve is a moderator of his own forum here at talkbass, don't you

Yep I knew that, that's why I thought you'd like to hear about his album (duh!)

Andy Long

6. welcome andy!

yeah, I´m listening to some tracks from http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk

he´s great!!

and stingray: where do you get all those smilies??

7. ok.. I just received the cd!! I´m the only one in iceland to have it!! :D

It´s fantastic!

It hasn´t gotten out of my cdrom today and I´ve probably listened to it like 10 times today! [​IMG]

I recommend this album for everybody... so go buy it! :D

8. Andy Long

Andy Long

May 3, 2000
    Wales
    The_Bass said : "ok.. I just received the cd!! I´m the only one in iceland to have it!!"

Good sales pitch! Glad to see Steve's sounds have reached Iceland.

So what are your favourite tracks? why?

BTW, there is a review on my site

Andy Long

9. doh! looks like I forgot to reply to this thread again... :) I have been listening to the cd almost non-stop since I got it :D... I love all the tracks and I can´t say what I think are the best tracks.. I love them all!! :)

and again I must say to everyone who don´t have it: GO BUY IT!! :D

[Edited by Chris A on 10-14-2000 at 03:25 PM]

10. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Thanks to everyone who's commented on the album - I really appreciate the feedback.

I've been told that my album has been reviewed in the current issue of Bass Frontiers magazine - has anyone got it, and if you have, any chance you could type in the review and post it here, or e-mail it to me, so that I can read it! :oops:)

thanks

Steve
    http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk