Steve Lawson's New Album MP3's

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by TaySte_2000, Jun 25, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Hey all, now most of your all ready know about these being with the street team and all but for those unfortunate few that have never heard Steve in action head over to his site.

There is one full song (the first track off the cd) Grace and Gratitude now this is the only one I can really comment on as the other 4 songs are just clips so I do not have a full idea of how they are.

Grace and Gratitude - this is an excellent opening for the album, although from what I've read it may not be a typical theme of the album. It kind of reminds me of Lovely off Steve's last album (For the Love of Open Spaces - With Theo Travis).

It seems very much in that chill out jazz category instead of ambiance that alot of steve previous work has been leaning towards. The clarity of this track is alot better than his previous work. The different layers and levels seem to stand out more, while merging into almost a band piece. The different layers and loops seem like individual instruments so they stand out on there own yet when placed together form a beautiful piece of music. See that makes better sense.

P.S people there is an exclusive Street Team Mp3 thats out that is not on the album. A mini review is JOIN THE STREET TEAM its worth it just for this track although turn ur Hi-fi down when listening to it as the middle bit where steve started to really play scared the c*ap out of me. Ikkle bit to loud there Steve :D

Take care people.
  2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I've just added another MP3 to the site, this one taken from the bonus disc, 'Lessons Learned From An Aged Feline Pt II' - it's on the Grace And Gratitude page of my site, and is called 'A Day In The Sun' (it's another jaunty one, unlike most of 'Grace And Gratitude'). Actually, most of the second disc is way more poppy than anything on the main CD. Guess I got them the wrong way round... :D

The bonus disc is 10 tracks, 55 minutes, so well worth ordering early for...