Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Steve Vai in London DVD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Absolutely incredible. I just finished it and man, can that guy play. It's pretty long, but it just keeps getting more and more intense all the way to the end. If you want a video of some really cool guitar playing, I recommend this DVD.

2. Tschomotsche

Tschomotsche

Feb 13, 2005
    palo alto
    Steve Vai is so funny to watch. It's great when he does those show off moves. I have a video on my computer where he slicks his hair back while he's playing then, on the last note, he licks his finger before he plays. I guess he can get away with it because he's so good.

3. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Yeah, on the DVD he uses his tongue to play harmonics.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, he's a really flashy performer, and I really like that. But I'm much more a fan of Billy.

5. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    I was think about picking up this the other day, now I know I will!!

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I used to love Vai, but I somehow feel that he's more about showmanship than music nowadays, when I feel it used to be the other way around. The Astoria DVD was just too much for me to handle. It seemed like all flash, and no real substance.

When I saw him live in 2000, it was almost like a religious experience. When I saw him live on the G3 2004 tour, I wasn't really moved at all.

But maybe it's just me. You like what you like.