Stevens Slant Six...!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TOM JENKINS, Jan 24, 2009.

1. This is my new 'Slant Six' by Michael Stevens, the designer of the Fender Roscoe Beck Sig. series. It is truly amazing. I've owned many high-end basses and this is the REAL DEAL.If you want a no-frills Fender-style passive bass with lotsa tone and superb playability. It takes the Roscoe Beck's up a few notches. And, since Mike was one of the founders of the Fender Custom Shop, he is the consummate craftsman and is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge on guitar-building, and a heckuva nice guy!

2. wow! that thing is soo cool! And I even like the color :)

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    That is one of the most well thought out designs for a six string that I've ever seen....except I wouldn't be able to deal with the slanted pickups. I understand why they're that way though. Tom, you can PM me if you prefer...but how much did that set you back? Worth every penny I'm sure.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That looks really cool- really long upper horn, bridge set as far back as it can go, deep cutaway on lower bout- it should be a breeze to play.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Exactly. I'm still not sure why more builders understand these things....builders like Nicholas Tung and Tyler really had this part down.

6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    SWEET!!!!

7. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    thats a nice looking bass

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That is really nice. Cool to see people taking classic designs and making them better!

9. n-j-

n-j- Supporting Member

May 13, 2008
    mpls, mn
    Beautiful. I've got a Slant 4 on order, I can't wait.

10. Thor2

Thor2

Sep 30, 2006
    Thought I'd bump this thread from the past as I have a Slant 5 that has just been sprayed and should hopefully be done in another month or so.

Tom - are you still loving that green machine?

n-j have you received your Slant 4?

11. http://www.stevensguitars.com/models/slant5/

Very nice. OP calls it 'no frills' but, that is not a 'no frills' price. They must be lucious instruments! I've love to hear one.

Truthfully, I was gawking at the steels and mandolins before I wnet to the Slants. The Mandolins are beautiful! Really Nice!

12. Thor2

Thor2

Sep 30, 2006
    I have had the opportunity to play several of his guitars (LJs and a crazy korina 7 string explorer) and they are all top notch. I know that Michael Stevens is a bass player as well, and I am sure his basses will not disappoint!

I'll post some photos once it's done.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021