1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stevie Wonder sheet music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by vinny, Jun 26, 2007.

1. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Can anyone give me a heads-up on which books have the best transcriptions of the bass lines. I need to learn some of these tunes & I could use the help to get there quicker. Thanks.

2. The "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" book contains transcriptions (not tab) for 3 or 4 of them: "For Once In My Life", "Uptight", & "I Was Made To Love Her", maybe one or two others.

What songs are you looking for?

3. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yeah, I've got that one. I was looking for I Wish, Sir Duke, & Reggae Woman specifically & a general anthology for future stuff I'll need. BTW, I'm looking for notation, not tab.

4. Ah, I haven't yet found a good book for those.

My band does "I Wish" and have talked about "Sir Duke" -- I learned both mainly by ear and by grabbing tabs from various locations. Sometimes I've grabbed a high-quality MIDI version from the web, removed everything but the bass track, then converted that to notation. It's a big pain but has helped me with the learning process.

Hope someone else has a better resource!

5. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I'm working on them with a Tascam Bass Trainer to ear them out, I'd just like to find an easier/faster way than being in a pair of headphones nonstop.

6. Sarbecue Boss

Sarbecue Boss

Jul 9, 2006
    Golden lady is in a real book i think, i got it today and don't excactly know where it came from, but it looks like real book stuff

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021