Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stew with Brotherhood of Groove

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Apr 22, 2004.

1. hey all,

some of the performances from the recent tour are streaming on the BOG homepage if you feel like hearing the Conklin 8 and the AccuGrooves.

there will even be a few chances to test your computer's sub with some sub lows!

http://www.brotherhoodofgroove.com

please try not to laugh too hard at the pic of me in the jumpsuit...

:D

from the lows,

Stew

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Listened to Green Zombiez, your site will be bookmarked. Very good playing (not just bass) sir.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool stuff, stew. sounds like alot of fun to play.

4. hey guys,

sorry for the slow reply, but I posted as I was running out the door to the studio. I'm there now and getting ready to track again.

thanks for the kind words! tracking is just a blast and the guest players look to be some scary, scary cats!

I'll keep you all posted once we're done with the rhythm section track on Friday and the mixes over the next week or two.

from the southern lows,

Stew

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Ever make it to MS, I really would enjoy seeing your band live.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'll keep my eye out for an local gigs, sounds like a really fun show.

7. we're playing more and more places all the time. as our illustrious leader says, "We'll be coming to a town near you soon!"

it's a pretty safe bet that I'll be posting here when I get dates out of town.

on a topic-related note, we only have one tune left to record and everything's sounding sweet! today we got to play with Ivan Neville and Mike Pellera. this album will kill!

:D

from the lows,

Stew

8. whew!

finished the tracking about 5AM and we're getting copies of the rough mixes later today. definitely need a break from the 'focusing on minutiae' mindset. we're gigging tonight and then mixing on Tuesday. we'll have Jeff Watkins from the James Brown band sitting in at the show!

madness!

more news in a week or so. stay well 'til then!

from the lows,

Stew