1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stewart 1.2 users of late?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Craig, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Tim Craig

Tim Craig Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    I've seen previous threads about this amp...some favorable some not favorable primarily due to thermal shut-downs. Looking for more comments about this amp from users or previous users. Currently I would use it to power my Schroeder 15+L neo 500 watt 4 ohm box. Thanks in advance!

Tim C.

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I used to have two of them. They never shut down on me but they did run pretty warm, so excellent ventilation is a requirement for them. For a short while I had a World 600; that ran very hot!

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i've never had a problem with mine thermalling & i run it bridged at 4 ohms. it gets warm, but not hot.

4. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    No shutdowns here and I liked the sound. Just found the power ratings to be an awkward fit for my cabs (not enough in stereo - way too much, bridged). I wish I'd sprung for the 2.1 instead. :meh:

Oh, and... one rack space, my arse. :rollno:

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Yep, you need at least one space above to vent it, and ideal, one below.

6. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I used to bring a clip-on fan & clip it to the back of the rack. Made a big difference on loud summer gigs - the amp was "warm" instead of "hot".

But so much for the novelty of not having a cooling fan! :atoz: