1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stewart 2.1 Amp......Quiet or noisy at idle??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sleevey55, Mar 3, 2013.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Hello, I have a Stewart World Tour 2.1 that I run my Read pre with. It is has serious headroom and I love its power........but it seems noisy.....as soon as the lights come on my tweeter(s) buzz, as I increase the volume on the amp it gets worse. Are these amps just that way or should they be quiet? I understand any amp will have some noise if pushed hard, but its almost more than I can handle. In a live situation, I fear it will make a heck of alot of noise through the pa. Anyone??:help:

2. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

Feb 10, 2009
    Definitely not normal. I own this exact model amp and the loudest thing on it when I am not playing, (with the amp turned up), is the fan. But that noise might be from a power circuit noise from the power in the room, or from a shielding problem with your bass.

Stewart is great in supporting their products. As the second owner of my 2.1, with no receipt from the original purchase, they sent me a new volume/level pot and wiring harness when the original got all noisy and crackly, free of any charge. It was cool too that it was designed to just "snap into" a socket on the main board. No soldering needed.

Don't know why these were discontinued, unless it was because they were pricey when new. They seem to sell for around $450 used, which is a lot of cheap clean power.

3. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Thanks Boot Soul, It has to be the amp as I have disconnected the pre and the bass.....and cable. It just makes my tweeters buzz really bad, really annoying sound. I tried my two XST Edens and my GS412 with the same results..annoying buzzing out of the tweeters.