stewart 2.1 voltage converter ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacove, Jan 14, 2004.

1. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark

I've got this Stewart 2.1. power amp which needs a voltage converter to go from 110 voltage into 220 voltage. I'm a bit confused on how many watts the converter should be able to handle. Anyone out there who knows this. The amp is 2x650w 4 ohms stereo, and 2100w bridged 4 ohms. thanks!
  2. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It should list the electrical specs on the back of the amp. Not the output wattage. Look near the power cord.

I've got the owner's manual at home. I'll post the specs later tonight if you can't find it or someone else doesn't respond.

3. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    thanks for the reply...i just got the watts mixed up a bit!!!
  4. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I spoke to Stewart amps and they told me to get a 5000 watts converter, isn't this to much. Does this mean that I need to carry something like this around just to get my amp working. It weighs twice as much as the me it sounds outragous that Stewart doesn't make amps which can draw on 220-240 voltage.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Can't you find somebody who can modify the power supply of the Stewart for 230V?
    Maybe the Danish Stweart distributor or some amp tech will do it for you.
  6. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Don't know about changing the power supply, I was told that the only way to get it working was by using a converter, I doubt there is a Danish, even European Stewart dealer if they doesn't make any 220-240 voltage amps. If so, I would like to here what they do.
  7. Hi Jacove,

I did buy a Stewart 1.2 (new) in the Netherlands about a
    year ago and it has 220 voltage.
    To my surprise i must admit because i also thought that
    they only came in 110 voltage.

8. Antonius

Nov 26, 2002

Where did you buy that Stewart amp in the Netherlands? And would you care to tell what it costs? I never came accross one here. Don't know if I can afford it, but I would love to have so much power in such a small unit. :cool: