Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart McKinsey interview in Bassplayers

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Mar 25, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody.

I've just received the link below in my e-mail, which points to a recent interview with Stew McKinsey featured in the South African Bass Players Collective website. I looked for it in TB and seems that nobody has talked about it, so I thought it would be cool to share it with the TalkBass community. Really cool, Stew! :hyper: :bassist:

Link:

http://bassplayers.co.za/interviewsrewart-m.html

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    very Cool Stew!

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  4. hey cats,

thanks for the kind words! I was really flattered when Martin contacted me about doing the interview and he's just a very cool guy. it's wild to me that people want to know this stuff, but I'm really glad!

from the lows,

Stew

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Great interview Stew. I can't wait to hear the solo album I keep hearing reference to... (and of course I'm really diggin' the BOG Style album.)

6. thanks very much, Todd! I had to take a break from the session for the album to make this trip out to L.A., butit works out better because... my new Bee will be available for use on the disc once I return home! with the Conklins and the Bees I'll have 4 basses and a total of 34 strings at my disposal. my fiendish master plan is coming together nicely!

the album should be complete and ready to go by early May.

:D

from the lows,

Stew

7. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Hmmmm...

4 ERB's...

4 limbs on your body...

I think you need to work on playing them all at the same time.

8. sounds like I'd be dangerously close to infringing on Mr. Manring's territory! although somewhere there's a great pic of me mutated into a 4 armed creature so I can properly play Mike Adler's 11 string from NAMM a few years ago...

from the lows,

Stew

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Cant wait Stew :)

Cool interview, always nice to get a little more insight into one of your favorite players!

10. :oops:
    wow, thanks! it's nice to be on the list with someone's favorite players!

from the lows,

Stew

11. I'm willing to bet you're on a lot of peoples favorite players list!

Great intereview, Stew!

12. stop it! you're gonna make me blush... :oops:

thanks for the kind words, Bernie. this is a very cool way to start my day!

from the blushing lows,

Stew

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Stew, I just found this thread. Great interview! It seems very consistant with your upbeat presence on this site and what I've heard from Jake. I especially liked your response here:

So what has been the high point?

I hope I haven't hit that yet. I strive to challenge myself with each new gig. At the same time, I try to push myself to do and try new things with my regular gigs. I would like to think that the best is yet to come!

14. hey Jerry,

Jake's such a great guy and an inspiring musician -- I'm absolutely humbled that he remembers me! thank you both for the incredibly kind words!

:oops:

from the lows,

Stew

15. hey all,

I was interviewed again! if you're curious, please click here and enjoy the silliness that is me!

from the lows,

Stew

16. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Cool interview Stew. I dig the new pics too, that low angle shot really makes the bass look HUGE, but it looks like you've gone all cleancut and proper on us, I kinda like the 'I've been on the road for 3 months" look.

:D :D :D :D :D

17. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Keep'em coming, man! I enjoyed it a lot.

18. LOL

thanks, cats! the interview was a lot of fun and Joe is just a really cool guy.

I've got a couple more interviews over the next months, but they won't come out 'til after the album has been released... stay tuned for more news!

:D

from the lows,

Stew

19. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I see they got you Black hardware for the Funk Machine :)

Great interview again Stew!