Stewart McKinsey - Welcome to My Wold

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Juneau, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

Just wanted to spread the word on Stewarts new solo CD. I havent had a chance to really listen to it yet, but got it in the mail yesterday and will post a review later on. For the few of you who may not know, Stew plays Conklin and Bee ERB's, and is a monster player.

Most of you also know he suffered some great losses during Hurricane Katrina, including his instruments and the masters for this CD. This would be a great way to show your support for a kick ass bass player and mentor to many on these boards.

If you've heard the tunes, Id like to hear your impressions as well :)
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    He just blows me away. Simple as that. I think that his playing definately deserves way more attention than it already gets.

3. guys, thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts.

I released that CD so people would have some idea of what I was up to in the post-Brotherhood of Groove daze. sadly, the tracks are unmastered and have a few glitches as the CD that stored them was underwater for 2 weeks (thanks to hurricanes Katrina and Rita).

still, people continue to amaze me with warm and thoughtful responses to the music. I'm hoping to put out something entirely different before the year is out. I'll post to the various online forums as the project comes together.

stay well, cats, and keep it deep,

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I got it for christmas from the little woman and it hasn't left the truck yet!!! Yea, it's a bit raw and unrefined, but I expected that from the info Stew had given when it was put out (which he just restated above...) but it's got some great playing and some damn catchy grooves in it ( and the fretless tone is SWEET, makes me want to buy one!! )

Hey Stew, there are no track names on the CD or Liners, and I've been too lazy to look them up. Is there a track listing somewhere?
  5. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, I can't wait until I hear this.
  6. your wish is my command... ta-daa!

1. Old Man, Crazy Lady, Evil Dog

2. Lullaballad

3. Theme to the Low End

4. interlude #1

5. Rain Hat

6. Beautiful Badass

7. Just Between You & Me